2.03.2012

Tooth Fairy

When our second child lost her first tooth, she was in kindergarten at a new school in a new town.  Many of our things were still in boxes.  So, it's not hard to imagine that the tooth fairy had a difficult time remembering to add our daughter to her route.   By the time she did finally remember, she must have felt a little guilty, because she left this note under my daughter's pillow.



Some weeks later, when I was sifting through the mounds of paper that tumble into the house every day, my daughter's name caught my eye.  There on one of the newsletters that the kindergarten teacher sent home to all the parents every week (which, evidently, I had not paid close enough attention to), was this message:  "Eleanora lost her tooth this week.  But the tooth fairy still hasn't come yet."

No comments:

Post a Comment