2.27.2012

Notes from the Nightstand



Sometimes, in the middle of the night, I dream a poem or short story or movie.  I laugh uproariously and think I must wake up and write this down.  My lazy self tries to convince my industrious self that I won't forget.  My industrious self chides my lazy self, of course you will never remember.  Many times, my lazy self wins, and I do not get up and write down the idea, and I fall back into the marvelous dream that in the morning I never remember even dreaming.  But sometimes, my industrious self manages to kick my lazy self awake enough to grab a pen and paper, and scribble down the superb idea, which in the light of morning is a jumble of nonsense that was only brilliant and funny within the context of a nonsensical dream.



No comments:

Post a Comment