6.20.2013

Sign Here






I got a bite from a publisher
Who refused to grant me copyright
(among other necessities)
So I declined to sign.

I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt
To believe that their intentions were wholesome
Two young women poets
Heading a literary non-profit.

But then it occurred to me
Even though this is who they appear to be
Maybe they are not
Why do they tell me things that are not true?

Are they ignorant?
Or are their intentions more sinister?
I'd like to think it's the latter
If someone wants to screw me over
Then maybe the work is good enough to land a proper publisher.



Thank you Uncle Norm for all your expertise and insight.




1 comment:

  1. Alarmed monkey pressed to the floor of a glass bottomed boat says..

    "Oh, NOOOOO!"

    Tacitus

    ReplyDelete