1.20.2017

In Response to Wislawa Szymborska's "Possibilities"







I prefer hot drinks.
I prefer pie.
I prefer waking as the sun rises.
I prefer giving people the benefit of the doubt.
I prefer trusting that everything will work out.
I prefer sitting on the floor.
I prefer enjoying rather than criticizing.
I prefer friends.
I prefer kindness.
I prefer writing.
I prefer peace.
I prefer the path of least resistance.
I prefer open.
I prefer essays.
I prefer up and round and dissonant.
I prefer untuned.




I prefer triptychs.
I prefer drums.
I prefer ink.
I prefer in person.
I prefer outside.
I prefer oatmeal raisin.
I prefer mint chip.
I prefer unlined.
I prefer lists.
I prefer fulfillment.
I prefer not knowing.
I prefer the process.
I prefer the spontaneous.
I prefer beginnings that never end,
And endings that start back at the beginning.








1 comment: