12.23.2015

Work in Progress, B






A conversation:

Do you like the name?

No.

Why not?

It’s too. . . . hippie.

Hippie?

Yeah. 

Interesting.

Don’t you think?

I hadn’t thought of it like that.

It’s not bad, necessarily.  It’s just not my thing. 

I understand. 

But, I don’t know, it’s like you just want to do it, right?, and you don’t care whether or not anyone pays attention to it.  Because if you cared, you would pick a name that would be. . . . better. 

Like what?

Like. . . . The Pelican.

The Pelican.

Yes. 

Why, The Pelican?

Because it’s a cool name. 

I see. 

So. . . . what is it exactly?

I’m not sure. 

Fiction or Nonfiction?

Why does everyone always ask that?

Because it’s nice to know. 

Why?

It makes it more exciting, you know, if it really happened. 

What if you believe it’s a true story, and you become totally inspired by the story because it’s true and change your life because of it and then you find out it’s not true. 

Why would it matter?

That’s what I’m saying.







1 comment:

  1. Now, did this conversation really happen or did you just make it up? Aw, I guess it doesn't matter.

    Always love your stuff!

    ReplyDelete