7.26.2016

On Obsessing about the Ill Way I Behaved in Writers Group





I said a dumb thing and now I can't get over it.

Is it because I know better?

Is it because of my reputation of coming on too strong and later regretting it?

Only one arrow I tell myself and launch two dozen more.




The details really don't matter.

It's the general trend that is of concern.

I get all wound up by the energy in the room,

All these people, just like me, 

Suspended by this fragile thing.




Obviously, I'm still learning how to channel it.

Encourage and ask questions.
  
What's so hard about that?

The writer advised me: Stop making assumptions

and telling other people what to write.




And of course,

she is right,

a reflection of myself. 







2 comments:

  1. If it's any comfort, Joanna, I have been guilty of doing the same thing. I need some of that mouth tape Bernie's supporters were using!

    ReplyDelete