11.12.2015

Art School Teacher: On How to Play the Fool




The Director asked the teachers for volunteers to perform at the school assembly.

So I did.

The weekend before, Matt and Tad played some Paul Metzger for me.

So I was going nuts all week bowing my banjo.

I was also thinking about Steve Martin because Tad just doesn't understand why Steve Martin wouldn't give his banjo prize to Paul Metzger, especially since Steve Martin is all into abstract visual art.  So I wrote a song about that and played it at the assembly.

(listen)







After I played, one girl came up to me and said rather excitedly, "Yeah, I could totally tell you didn't know what you were doing," since I had said I play improvisational music so I never know exactly what will happen.  

(listen)






No comments:

Post a Comment